March 29, 2011

42) Angel?

Painting. Angel?. 2009
Acrylic on canvas.

This painting goes against the whole idea that we all have of being an angel. I portrayed this angel as a naked woman who seems to be touching herself and i created a rather dark background to show that she is in a way committing a sin. I made this with the purpose of creating public reaction, whether it is good or bad, it still catches their attention.
I don't remember what the assignment for this painting was about, but i can talk about the painting itself.

I had a lot of problems with this painting because after i was done stretching my canvas (which i used to do all the time for all my paintings because it was a lot cheaper that way) i didn't have time to prime it so it was harder to paint on and i spent more paint than i should have, so it wasn't as successful as i wished.


No comments:

Post a Comment