March 25, 2011

36) texturized picture frames!


Ideas. Texturized picture frames. Summer 2009
Mixed media on wood.
Once i had learnt lots of new techniques, i was trying to create things that were both useful (picture frame) and beautiful for an interior. This first one i made while i was in IDEAS with the help of my teacher, and while doing it i learnt some other few techniques with cardboard, molds and sand. The technique with sand was one of my favorite once because of the beautiful and natural texture it gives. For all of these pieces i used acrylics and oil paint (each of them with their specific mediums).
I learnt also how to paint wood textures with acrylics, oils and different brush sizes. I painted this wood texture at the back of my first picture frame.

The second and third picture frames were made at home during my free time. I loved the first one so much that i wanted to do as many as i could so it would help me practice and also so i would have beautiful things to sell (because all of my aunts loved the first one so much they all wanted one for their house lol)
Ever since i went back to Vancouver to after the summer i had been wanting to continue doing these kind of things that i learnt during summer, but i couldn't find the wood i was always using in Peru which meant that i had to create my own picture frame first, and i couldn't seem to find time to get the correct material and to get myself to do it, but one day i'll do more of those :)




No comments:

Post a Comment