March 30, 2010

3) 2006. Lights and Shadows

And i was pretty much done with 2005. I did several more during those 4 months, but they are really not worth showing, partially because i can't find them. Lol.

My family and i moved to Ghana in july 2005. I started school in Accra in August and since i had to repeat that half a year i had just done in Peru, i started 10th grade all over again. Except this time the IB started in 11th grade instead of 10th like in my old school. So i didn't do any art for that entire year until i started 11th grade in 2006. I took Visual Arts HL. Loved it.

Lights and Shadows. 2006
Mixed media.

First assignment to study the light and shadows in anything that surrounds us. I chose one of the hardest things for me to draw in a way that it would look real. Water. I hated drawing water, specially because i always thought it had to be blue or have at least a bit of color. I was wrong. I was assigned to do an extended study of how real water looks like and after several shots of pourring water, i decided to go for it.

It took time, but i thought it was successful. Once again, i was very happy with that part of the piece. The part that was cut didn't really show the study of shadows and lights. Reason why i didn't show it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment