March 30, 2010

1) 2005 - the beginning

My first real piece. 2005.
Charcoal on wrapping paper.
Davy College High School. Cajamarca - Peru.

It was my first half a year of IB in Peru before leaving to Ghana in July of that same year, and i had decided to take Art as one of my HL courses only because i thought it would'nt be as hard. (I had no idea i could ever have any talent when that happened, the truth is, i only did it because i thought it would be easy. lol) So that's how it started.

The assignment was to draw a picture of someone from a magazine using charcoal. I forgot the actual size of this one but it was pretty big, more than a meter of height)
I didn't draw the face because i didn't know how to and i was afraid i would screw it up. That's the truth.

Sort of successful. I found out years later when i saw it again that the proportions of the arms and feet aren't really correct like i initially thought. But i think i did a pretty good job for a beginner.

No comments:

Post a Comment