April 3, 2010

18) Self-Portrait (From Ghana to Canada)

I graduated from IB in May 2008. I left Ghana on the 9th of June and moved to Vancuover, Canada, where i continued my studies in the University of British Columbia. I first wanted to study Arquitecture, but after the first semester i realized i was more into the Arts, so i was concentrating my studies in the Visual Arts. During the first semester in UBC, i took two art courses, one was called VISA 182 (Basics painting and drawing) and the other was called VISA 100 (Basics Digital Arts).

VISA 182 - Self-Portrait. 2008
Pencil on paper.

During the time of this course, we were asked to create many self-portraits. It was the first time i was going to draw mdryself, and i wasn't very confident about it.
This one was one of the best i did (during the class), however, it doesn't really look like me that much so i wasn't so happy about it. People who know me will be able to tell that i'm not exactly like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment